Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter

Easter weekend was really busy for Brian and I. After working an 11 hour day at Edible Arranements, which Brian came and helped me, it was really fun for us to be able to work together. Brian went and watched the Formula 1 race with a couple of his friends, but since the race didn't start until 1:30 am I decided to go home and sleep. I woke up early on Sunday to get some food cooking in the crockpot, and to do our easter baskets. As I was filling the eggs with jelly beans, I rememeber a cute tradition Brian's mom used to do for them when they were at home. She would do a jelly bean trail from their room to where their Easter baskets were. I thought "why not?" So I quielty did a jelly bean trail from our room, to downstairs where I had put our baskets. Although it was really fun for me to do, I decided that Brian just doesn't get as excited as I want him to over jelly beans, so I should probably have kids, so I can feel acomplished at the little jelly bean trails that I do. Don't get me wrong Brian loves jelly beans, but I wanted the jump and down, screaming, I love jelly beans reaction. and well, Brian just doesn't do those kind of reactions.



We had a big family dinner at my parents house, everyone was there, and the kids had an Easter egg hunt. It was fun to watch them because now that they are older, we are able to hide the eggs pretty good now, and instead of having to go out with them and make sure they see the eggs laying in the grass, we just watch them have a good time, and watch how intense they get while they are finding the eggs. We had a wonderful Easter, and hope that everyone had just as great an Easter as we did.


5 comments:

Raeanna said...

You guys are cute! Sorry you have been having so many things coming up lately with being sick and everything. I hope all is going better!

kenders said...

Sounds like a fun Easter! I really like the trail of jelly beans idea. :)

Ryan and Erin said...

I miss you guys, but I love the updates! I totally know how crappy the tonsilitis is...I'm soooo sorry! Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

hey april! its been a long time. I found your blog through kacey's. How are you? I see your married. Congrats!

Kris said...

I'm loving the jelly bean trail. What a great idea. I'm totally picturing you jumping up and down and getting so excited.... oh dear, I totally, absolutely, completely miss you!