Monday, April 7, 2008

Date With My Mom


Since Saturday night was Priesthood session for all the men my mom and I decided it had been way to long since we had gone on a date together. I completley agreed with her, and so we planned on going out to dinner that evening with one another. My mom took me to my favorite Boutique and Bistro, Dear Lizzie. (I put the name in Pink because that is the color it is on the sign.) It is the most fabulous place you could ever shop, and eat at. It is a boutique just for women and girls. They have old and new things, that will just steal your little heart away. They have a Bistro in the boutique as well, with sandwiches, soup, chocolates, cupcakes, candies, etc. It is just fabulous there, and it is one of my favorite places to go with my mom. After we had our sandwiches and brownies, my mom suprised me with saying that she would buy me anything that I wanted from the store. Well of course I couldn't pass that up. So I got the cutest Brown and creme watch. The watch is called Hot Chic Couture. My mom thought the name alone suit me, so I said I had to have it. My mom had purchased the cutest 50's inspired cupcake apron, and she said that I was not allowed to leave the store, until we had found me a fabulous apron as well. I ended up finding one, that totally screams my personality. After a very long week with school and work, my mom just made my day, with taking me on a date. I will always cherish those moments with my mom, and hope to be able to the same for my daughters, when the day comes. I love you Mom!

6 comments:

Kris said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with both those cute aprons!

Ryan and Erin said...

Cutest aprons!!! Isn't it fun that moms don't ever retire from their position?

Kacey said...

Love the aprons! And that sounds like a fun date with your mama. Ness and I were talking the other day and we decided we want to come visit you this summer. We are inviting ourselves to a slumber party at your house! (Just thought I should warn you before we show up.)

Kacey said...

Hey! I have gotten all of mine from pyzam.com. I know there are other sites but thats the only one I've used...

Kricket said...

April,
What a fun night with your mom. Isn't it great to make memories that will last.
Kricket

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

I just LOVED this picture of you two girls!

What a wonderful time together. How precious your mom is April. No doubt you are going to be the very same wonderful mommy to your little ones.

I know you are chomping at the bit for babies, but try and enjoy these days with your honey. You will have your children in your life forever! Like my mom used to say, "From the cradle to the grave."

Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Love you! Joanne