Friday, December 5, 2008

My Red Head Grandma


Yesterday my sweet Grandma passed away. It was 150% unexpected, and we are already missing her. Our "Red Head Grandma", as my sister's kids called her and the name just kind of stuck after that, was one of the best women I knew, and I am already missing her. As I got the news yesterday evening that she was gone, memories of her started flowing into my mind. Her stories, her style, her house, going to San Fransisco with her, her laugh, but I think what I will miss most about her is going to her house, and her not being there to greet us. I will miss not seeing her come to the door, in one of her beautiful outfits, with all the matching jewelry, that I would always ask to try on, and giving us a big hug and kiss at the door. I will miss EVERYTHING about her, and wish she was still here. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us, and it was her time to go and see him. There is no coincidence that today December 5th, is my sister Amber's birthday, who was also taken very unexpectedly from this world about 30 years ago, and that my Grandma died yesterday December 4th. We know that they had a wonderful reuniting in heaven when she arrived. I also know that our family will see my Grandma again in heaven, and she will greet us there with a big hug and kiss, and say she couldn't wait to see us again. I love you Grandma, and your legacy will always live on.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Sorry for your loss! I just lost my grandpa so I sorta know what you're going through. But isn't the plan of salvation great & knowing that you'll see your grandma again so comforting?

Kricket said...

April,
We hope everything went okay in California. We were thinking and praying for you.

N.B. said...

April, so sorry about your Grandma. I'll be thinking about you and keep your family in my prayers.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

We were so sad to hear about your grandma passing April. The silver lining was that at least we got to see your family.

I do hope your mom is doing ok. Make sure to give her extra hugs this year from me.