Thursday, September 3, 2009

Baby Please Come!


While sitting here for the last 10 minutes staring at the screen tyring to come up with some clever and not so serious way to tell my about my day. So here it goes.......


Today is the day that we start our fertility drugs.......


I have never been so excited, emotional, scared, nervous, anxious, and hopeful all at the same time. About 3 years ago as we decided to start our family, I don't remember feeling the way I do today. Although we were wanting to get the same out come I wasn't thinking about the emotional part of being a mother, but more of fitting in with everyone else around me at BYU. I ws 21 and still very young, and wasn't really thinking long term, but more in the moment. As the first 6 months went by, and the a year, and then a year in a half went by with no baby, and no understanding of why, I found myself hating everyone, especially myself for not being able to do the one thing I am programmed to do.Having a baby. As time went on, I found myself starting to heal from the shame and hurt that I felt from not being able to do this "simple" task that I thought was an easy thing to do. Then we found some answers, natural answers, that seemed so simple to fix, and I felt relieved. So we tried again, and again, and again, with no results. I was 24 now, and felt like my plan of having my children before my thirties was being ruined, and felt myself getting angry again, but quickly reminded myself that "time heals all wounds", and I felt myself not feeling overwhelmed as much anymore, and felt my burdened being lifted.


At last I was referred to a fertility doctor, who ran some simple blood tests, and found that my body was not ovulating. My progesterone levels are suppossed to be between 10-15, and mine tested at .3. My doctor quickly said that it was an easy fix and called me in a perscription for Clomid. I was a little caught off guard by his confidence, and quickness of telling me in the next 3 months I should be pregnant. "Pregnant" was almost a foreign word to me know. But I trusted him, and with prayer and fasting we both felt that this was the way to get our baby,or babies as we are wishing and hoping for.


So today is the day we start, and I feel confident that it will work, but scared at the same time. But then elated that this is the time I will actually be getting pregnant. This is a for sure thing for us now, and I couldn't feel more grateful to my Heavenly Father for his strength and love that he has showed me in these past three years. I am a stronger person than I was three years ago, and feel more prepared to be a mother. I am also so grateful for all my friends and family who have supported us as well. You will never know how much strength you gave to us all of this time.


So baby please come to us, we have waited so long, and know that you are waiting just as much as we are. I am already in love with you, and know this is our time to be together. PLEASE get here as quickly as you can. We love you and can't wait to have you in our family.


Wow that was a little personal............and long

15 comments:

Durrant said...

We wish you guys the best in this! Hope all goes well! Thanks for sharing your incredible journey!

Anonymous said...

that was so sweet...thank you for sharing your special day! blogging is supposed to be personel and REAL! so hopefully (in about 10 months) you can do another post that is titled "welcome baby, thank you for coming!

we will keep our fingers crossed for you! :)

Lindsey said...

My friend had the same problem...she was put on Clomid and got pregnant on the second month. There is hope. Good luck!

The Walker Family said...

Your comments really rang a bell with me, i remember feeling those same feelings....it took 3 years for us to get pregnant with our first, and those were the longest 3years of my life...its so hard to deal with the "why?" I had a hard time not being bitter about the unfairness of life...For us, there was no reason we shouldnt be getting pregnant, it was "unexplainable". I'm so glad you have been able to identify a problem, and can work on fixing it. Best of luck to you!

Paige said...

I'm so sorry you've had to struggle with this...I know it can be so difficult, especially when it seems everyone around you is pregnant! I hope that things go well for you & you get your baby soon...I look forward to seeing pictures of a cute little red head with Brian's crazy hair!

Shane, Kayla, Brynlee said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you two :D You'll be in our prayers as you begin this even more emotional adventure!

Deno'N'Mo said...

Good luck! I hope it works! :)

Katherine said...

April,
You brought smiles to my mailbox tonight. Thank you for my gift....more of the reaction here: www.classiccampbell.blogspot.com. Again, thank you so much!
Katherine

Marcie said...

April that was a wonderful post from a very wonderful person. I know you and Brian will be amazing parents. I'm sure our Father in Heaven has a special plan for such amazing people and this sweet spirit. I can't imagine how emotional these past 3 years have been.Thank you for sharing. We will keep you in our prayers!!! Thanks for being you!

Heather said...

Amen sister. It's exciting to have some new options. I've went for some acupuncture just prior to getting pregnant and highly recommend it. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Nicole said...

April, you almost made me cry! I hope it all goes well and that the next post says you're prego! Good luck, we'll be praying for you guys.

I'm sure you know that Justin's sister and her hubby had multiple problems, but they now have triplet girls!

Nicole said...

good luck. you will be taken care of!

love,
nicole

Amy Ruth said...

Hi April,

I met you once, a long time ago ... but you probably don't remember. ;) I grew up with Bethany and met you once just after you and Brian were married.

Anyway, I found your blog through Bethany. My sister in-law has been struggling with infertility for 6 years, she meets with a group of other girls in the same boat here, in Vancouver. I know for her the support of sharing and hearing from other girls dealing with this issue has been really helpful for her. One of the girls in the group has a blog, I though I'd share her link.

That is awesome that is seems to be an "easy fix" so to speak - what an exciting time for you guys!

http://www.paulandgretchen.blogspot.com/

N.B. said...

Oh April & Brian! I am so excited for you. We'll make sure to keep you in our prayers.

The Haynies said...

Hey April. Just stopping by to see how you are doing with the Clomid. Would love to chat about stuff. Send me an email at chani_raye@hotmail.com.