Friday, September 18, 2009

Sweet Little Dresses



For my niece Bella's 7th Birthday I had decided to make her some sweet little dresses that I had seen on dana-made-it and she has the easiest tutorial to follow. They were perfect for her to wear to school, and one of the easiest things I have ever made. I had to make a few changes to make them long enough for her, but I was still able to follow it closely. I made some bows to match, but of course forgot to take pictures of them. Word of advice, get the biggest mens shirts you can find, the small ones are a waste of time. I found that out the hard way.




5 comments:

Jeff & Johanna said...

I love these dresses! I wish I could have been there to assist and have fun. But then again you may not have been as productive, oh well. We miss you guys a ton (especially me) and hope that babies come your way soon. I am still up for a decoration mural right?

Stacie said...

You are so talented! Wait, you made it out of a shirt?! Way to be.

Nicole said...

So cute! I am so impressed April! I have seen these on her blog and am thinking of using her market skirt tutorial. We'll see if I ever get on it! Great job!

Shane, Kayla, Brynlee said...

I love those! they are so cute!

ephrielle said...

Brian and April,

Could you please send me your present address so that I can send you a formal apology along with a gift for your new baby?

please send to: flashpotatoes@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Wyatt S. Miles