Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday why are you so ugly looking?


I work in retail, whoopee. So I was one of the lovely ladies that said "did you get everything you needed?" or "thanks for coming in see you later", yep that was me, the red head behind the counter all day. Taking your money, wrapping, bagging, smiling all day....


At the end of the day my thoughts went to other scenerios that I wish I could of said today, for example....


1. No I do not like working here, please stop asking me

2. No I don't want to see you come back in again, in fact I didn't want to see you at all today

3. Yes that is our last one on the wall, and NO I do not want to get it down for you, in fact I'd rather cut my legs off

4. I don't care if you are decorating your mantel, don't ask me to come over and do it for you, figure it out yourself

5. YES! I did put your discount in! and YES I am going to stamp your rewards card! and YES I want to reach across the counter and slap your silly little face off

6. To the lady who went into the office and took the stocking, I wanted to reach my short arm across the counter and punch you in the face. Then I wanted to tell you that we do not take things that don't belong to us, especially if it is a room where your not aloud. So don't ever do that again.


Thank you for shopping with us and have a great day.


P.S. To the people who tried knocking on the door to let them in after closing, GO AWAY! There is reason why we locked the doors.



Brian told me I am not being very nice, and way to be in the Christmas Spirit, BAH HUMBUG!


Really I wish I had some babies so I could be one of the ladies standing in line at 4 a.m., asking to get things down for them, taking stockings, and making sure I got my discount and my rewards punched....But alas, that is not my fate today, maybe next year, maybe next year. To all the mom's I am JEALOUS, that right you heard it JEALOUS! Someone give me some babies!


Happy Black Friday!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

hahaha! You are OUT of control! :)

Heather said...

You are so adorable! One of my favorite things I love about you is your honesty--I admire it. I've felt that way before, but you have the courage to say it (well, blog about it).

Marcie Tess said...

We all have thoughts like this. I admire you for voicing them. Your funny.

Blake and Brittany said...

Hey April!
I love reading your blog! You crack me up! Hey I am starting to get my guest list for my baby shower and I was wondering if you could send your address to me? my email address is blaketuck@gmail.com Thanks!